In 2014 we launched Stormlord Publishing with the release of The Well of Souls, with Prayers of the Forgotten hot on its heels. We then took many months to produce the large hexcrawl The Treasure Vaults of Zadabad. We learned a great many things, which we hope to bring to our products this year.
Eric and I have too many ideas and not enough time to get them all onto the page, but here is a rough list of what we’re developing and when they might see the light of day.
- Surviving Kalmatta – A player’s guide for the The Treasure Vaults of Zadabad hexcrawl. This is will be a free PDF. To be released in January.
- Black Powder, Black Magic Vol.1 – This is our pilot episode of what we hope will become a frequent product. The first volume will contain rules, occupations, fiction, and a level-0 funnel for playing with the DCCRPG in an alternate 1800’s United States. The default setting will be the bustling, opulent and ruthless mining town of Brimstone. To be released in February.
- Fields of Ruin – A level-0 funnel. All profits from this product will be given first the Ross Family Fundraiser at FierceHope.com and The American Cancer Society. To be released in February or March.
- Legacy of the Ancients – A follow-up to Prayers of the Forgotten, this book will detail elf legacies and dwarf heritages, plus a short adventure to introduce these rules to your players. Release TBD.
- Black Powder, Black Magic Vol.2 – We will explore new classes, mighty deeds, spells, patrons and the factions of Brimstone in this volume. Release TBD.
Once we’ve a strong foundation for Black Powder, Black Magic, we will start accepting submissions from outside writers who wish to help us explore Brimstone and the territories around it. We will post our guidelines and pay rate for articles and fiction on this site.
Thank you to all those who supported us last year.
Carl Bussler and Eric Hoffman